A number of enhancements and improvements will be made to Westlaw NZ as part of an update taking place on 12 June 2013.
The major changes are illustrated below.
We are in the process of refreshing the appearance of Westlaw NZ while also introducing new features. As part of this process, the overall font has changed to Arial to make text clearer and easier to read. The look of some of the icons is also changed and the position of some commands has been moved. These changes are shown below, together with other enhancements included in this release.
Future updates will include some further changes to the look of Westlaw NZ as we continue to improve the service.
(Tip: To enlarge an image to see it more clearly, click on the image itself. That will open it on a full screen. To return to the article click your browser back button.)
Pop-up list of search operators added to search templates
A pop-up list of Terms and Connectors and other tips for searching has been added to each search template. Clicking on Hints and Tips on Advanced Searching Techniques will open the Help on Searching pop-up.
Left-hand pane for the search result window
A left-hand pane is introduced to support new features and functionality.
Search Summary, Edit Search, New Search and Filters are now displayed on the left-hand side of the search results list. Further enhancements will be included in the left-hand pane in future updates.
Links to specific pages of the results list are added to the top of the results list (in addition to their currentposition at the bottom of the results list).
Document delivery and search result icons updated
The document delivery and search result icons have been updated, making them consistent with delivery icons on other Thomson Reuters services, although their functions remain the same.
New document display view
A number of changes have been made to the Document Display page:
- The Search Summary is now displayed on the left-hand pane. The Search Summary includes the Search Terms, number of documents found
- Return to Original Results and New Search are added to the left-hand pane
- Search Within the Document is reduced in size and moved to the top right-hand corner of the page
- Document Tabs have been reduced in size to provide more space for the document text.
Save documents to folders from the Table of Contents
This new feature enables users to save documents to folders from the Table of Contents or Results List:
- From the Table of Contents, place a tick in the box next to a document or multiple documents,
- Or, from the Results List, place a tick in the box next to the result or document that you would like to save
- Then click on the Save to Folder icon
- Select a folder from the list and click Save.
Note that there is a limit of 20 documents that can be saved to a folder at once. If you select a group of documents (eg, a Part of an Act) that contains more than 20 individual documents, you will see a pop-up warning.
A full list of all subordinate legislation made pursuant to an Act is now shown on the Related Documents tab.
In addition to the enhancements listed above, a number of bug fixes are included in this update:
- selections from the Results List are no longer cleared when you move to another page of the Results List
- searches for legislation documents that contain the “–” (em dash) character in the title now work correctly
- historic versions of provisions are no longer duplicated in the results list. Historic versions of provisions can be found in the History Notes on the Legislation tab
- improvements made to the printed format of legislation documents.
Click to download a printable PDF of this update.
For personal assistance with Westlaw NZ, or any of our products, please call 0800 10 60 60 to speak to a member of our Customer Care team.