(The commencement of a few provisions relating to “prescribed offences” has been deferred.)
To assist those who provide legal aid (criminal and civil), Brookers Legal Services, is being updated and reissued accordingly.
The new Brookers Legal Services looseleaf includes:
• Comparative tables (comparing the Legal Services Act 2011 and Legal Services Act 2000).
• The 2011 Act in full (with an introduction and annotated commentary).
• All regulations under the 2011 Act (general and quality assurance).
• Leading decisions (full text).
• Appendices (extracts from the Legal Aid Review 2009 and Legal Services Bill 2010).
In addition, chapters containing administrative material and practical guidance will be expanded in future updates as the new legal services system develops.
Brookers Legal Services Online
Brookers Legal Services is also available online, allowing the work to be updated as changes occur. Additional content is included in the online publication, such as the legislation and commentary relating to the 2000 and 1991 legal services regimes (retained for transitional/historical purposes) and the full text of Legal Services Bills.
The Brookers Legal Services looseleaf reissue will be available in early July, but is available online now.